Friday, June 29, 2012

My view on Midlife Crisis

I am not really sure why I have decided to start this blog, I did just start a web site that I have done nothing with, and quite honestly, not sure I ever will.  I guess I just like to be on the computer more than most and I feel the need to interact with people. Ordinarily I have been a very shy person, until I started my facebook page that is!  I created 'Midlife Crisis Awakening' https://www.facebook.com/LoVeMiDliFe? because I was not in a very happy place in my life.  Do I believe it was a midlife crisis, no.  I believe I had an awakening of sorts. I was in an unhappy place and used my page as my outlet.  I have never really opened up to my husband or my friends about how I felt.  I was able to do that through my page as an anonymous person, and I liked that.  Not being judged for saying, thinking, or doing things I would normally not in 'real' life.  I have always been the one who wanted to help others and unable to ask for help for myself.  I have learned a lot about myself and others in this process.  I have discovered that I AM the person you see on my page, and I kind of like her!  I believe this is the person I have always been, just afraid to let that side be seen for what ever reason.  I am still working on that part! I guess you could say, that now that I have reached the 'midpoint' in my life, I am awakening to a whole new thought process.  I couldn't say this four months ago, but it will be a journey I look forward to continuing to discover with my husband for the rest of my life.   

3 comments:

  1. Right on. Open up and share. It helps to heal and grow. You did a great job Mid.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap! I think you could be ME in an alternate universe or something as I could've written these exact same blogs myself (well, with the exception of the caring husband thing....)

    Thanks for the blog on Depression. My doctor keeps asking me if I feel depressed and I have a hard time giving him an answer. No - I do not think doom, gloom, death and despair thoughts most days but I am pretty non-functional sometimes and your blog seems to have given me some new perspective into myself and why I can't get control of things these days. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sassy, Trust me you are not alone!!! Depression comes in many many forms and we all deal with that differently. What may be catastrophic for one, may not be that bad for another. Each day is a new beginning and how we handle that day sometimes is not how we would choose, but we do get through it somehow! It's always nice to know you're not the only crazy though, huh??

    ReplyDelete